Health

Three-year-old girl almost died after a cat scratch caused her to develop deadly toxic shock syndrome –

#8216;If we see any signs, we will have to take her to hospital immediately. If she falls over and cuts herself, we also need to keep an eye on any wounds. I#8217;m going to be extremely vigilant and really wary of everything.#8217;

TSS can help to be prevented by treating wounds quickly, alternating tampons with sanitary towels, washing hands before inserting or removing tampons, using the lowest absorbency tampon required and changing tampons frequently.

Symptoms include a high temperature, nausea, vomiting, a widespread rash and dizziness.  

Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a rare but life-threatening condition caused by bacteria entering the body and releasing harmful toxins.

Yet, within hours Lilanna, from Taunton, Somerset, was screaming in pain and rushed to hospital where she became lifeless, covered in a rash and unable to stop vomiting.

Mrs Batstone, who is working with the charity TSS Aware, is keen to raise awareness of the symptoms of the condition.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*